|Jack Daniel's Chipotle Slow Cooked Short Rib Tacos...|
Picard's Peanuts Store. I'm pretty sure my honey is still smiling from seeing the aisle's of chipnuts and samples available....
We ended a fabulous day at Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse.... all you can eat... best of the best cut / cooked meats.... you pretty much have to roll out of there.... but it's worth it... 14 different kinds of meat, all coming straight to your table and carved right there on your plate. A carnivore's dream come true! (maybe another reason for my short rib posting?! ) On the way home... a drive through the famous Niagara Falls Clifton Hill.... perfectly ending a fantastic day.
Jack Daniel's Chipotle Slow Cooked Short Rib Tacos
- 4 - 6 beef short ribs
- 4 cloves minces fresh garlic
- 1 cup Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce (love this sauce, but any bold BBQ sauce should work)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper seasoning (add more/less to spice level tolerance)
- Place short ribs in slow cooker
- Mix well the Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce, water, garlic, chipotle peppers in small bowl
- Pour over short ribs, turning ribs to ensure they are fully coated.
- Cook on LOW for 8 - 10 hours until they are fall off the bone tender
- Carefully remove all bones and excess fat - discard.
- Using two forks, pull the meat, shredding it well.
These are awesome served on a warmed flour tortilla, topped with a light coleslaw (I used a Sweet Onion Dressing), pinch of shredded cheddar cheese and some Chipotle Lime Sour Cream. (quick recipe below)
Chipotle Lime Sour Cream:
- mix 1 cup sour cream with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle peppers and 1 minced fresh garlic clove.
-Stir well and let sit for minimum 10 mins to develop flavour.
Don't forget extra napkins!!