BBQ Pizza a while back.. they are kids...kid's like chocolate and marshmallows AND us "adults" are kids at heart ...who doesn't like s'mores round a campfire?! Who doesn't like PIZZA?! Well.. this chick.. LOVES them both - equally. So why not combine them?! This dessert pizza is SWEET with a side of lick-your-fingers-between-every-bite kind of fun messy to eat dessert. Ooey-gooey goodness placed on stop of a slightly salty/sweet pizza dough and toasted using the broiler of your regular oven! Easy-Peasy, no campfire required...
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt (I used Vanilla Sea Salt**...but any will do)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- 6-10 full size graham crackers
- 2 regular size chocolate bars (I used Cadburry's Milk Chocolate with Toffee bits)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmellows
- 1/4 cup Caramel Sundae Topping (for drizzle)
- Using your dough hook, then begin adding the flour gradually, until fully incorporated. The dough will be very moist and sticky.
- The dough should be moist and a little tacky. Shape into a ball.
- Bake at 500F for about 20 mins, or until the crust is just starting to turn golden on the top and bottom
- Remove from Oven, and let cool slightly
- Spray a spatula or spool with cooking spray to assist with the spreading of the Marshmallow Fluff
- Spread Marshmallow fluff into a even layer ontop of the pizza crust. This is your pizza "sauce"
- Chop the chocolate bars into small chunks, they do not need to be even sized...
- Next up - spread out the mini marshmellows on top of the other toppings....
- Turn the broiler on your oven to high. (550F)
*note - I did not raise the oven rack to the top, I used the next one down from the top, in order to slow the "toasting" down a bit...give time for the chocolate to melt, crust to crisp up a bit more, before the marshmallows toasted too quick - make sure you watch carefully, as once the marshmallows start to turn golden, they brown up quick!*
- Place pizza on the second rack down from the top in the oven, and allow the marshmallows to "toast" - just like you would over a campfire
- Once Marshmallows are toasted golden, remove pizza from oven, and drizzle caramel topping over top of entire pizza
- Slice using a pizza cutter or large knife
We found this pizza to be extremely sweet (in a totally awesome...s'mores round the campfire way).. so start with smaller pizza slices, as these trully are a decadent dessert! I must say... our dinner party of 3 adults... 2 kids... didn't have any trouble with this one though....
As usually.. submitting this to yeastspotting....as this pizza dough is working phenomenally for me on all accounts! Thinking next try will be a fruit based one.. you know.. like what you find at the Pizza Hut Buffet.. mmmmmm pizzahut....
**Also - note from above ingredient listings - Vanilla Sea Salt... I've mentioned their sea salts several times in several posts here... but honest to goodness...these are awesome. Sea to Sky Seasonings I've now got 2 different "variety packs" of their salts, and man-o-man the flavour boost is incredible! Edible Canada (another fav place) sells their salts...and you can order online - bonus! But it's seriously worth the trip down to Edible Canada's store and restaurant (Granville Island, BC) - you wont be disappointed! (and no, I was not paid, endorsed...anything by these guys.. their stuff/food is just as addicting as PIZZA)
Have a great week!!