I won't dilly-dally around the recipe and details... in fact.. I'll make it short and sweet - oh-sooooo-sweet - mmm chocolate... The addition of unsweeted cocoa powder, and a handful of high quality dark belgium chocolate chunks takes the melt-in-your-mouth meringue crust to an entirely new level of awesomeness... Real whipped cream sweetened lightly, fresh strawberries sliced and piled into the center and of course the addition of more dark chocolate chunks round out this decadent - but somehow light tasting - dessert. YUP. L-O-V-E.
Chocolate Strawberry Pavlova
- 4 Egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped dark beligium chocolate chunks
- 2 cups real whipping cream, slightly sweetened
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Follow directions for making the meringue found here up until you've got the meringue with stiff, glossy peaks
- Let cool in oven, with the door slightly open
- Once cooled, carefully remove from baking sheet and place on a serving plate
YUP - pretty sure I could make this dessert over and over... variation upon variation, and STILL it'd come out as one of my fav's. .... ENJOY!!!
Here's to the great times spent with friends new and old. Here's to the awesome memories made ... and Here's to what lies ahead in the autumn months! Now BRING ON FALL!! *CHEERS*