Thursday, October 25, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Think PUMPKIN, Think SPICE, think that refreshing - albeit slightly bitter beer flavour packed into a dense and moist bread - drizzled with cinnamon spiced glazed. YUP. went along quite well with the Pumpkin Ale.... OH and with a coffee the next morning.... pretty much, it's just plain old Autumn Harvest in a sweet slice of bread. It's easy too! Of course, I couldn't just stop there, I like to jump right into the Season's...and after what I thought was a "cute find" on Pinterest, I had to try one for myself. If you are someone like me, who has a collection of scrap novelty fabric tucked away in every nook and cranny.... it's cheap! (If not, head on over to your local fabric store...this time of year, there's always bound to be some Halloween Fabric themed fabric on sale! Here's the end result:
Wire wreath forms, I found at our local craft store... about 2 yards of Halloween Fabric cut into 1 inch strips about 6 inches long. Working your way along each wire along the wreath, tire the fabric (I double knotted) until you've got the wreath covered and looking full. Foam Ghost, and pre-painted letters from the craft store hot glued onto the wreath finished it off!! SEEE!!! Simple!
ANNNND for the Fall recipe - again, another easy peasy find.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin ale
- *optional - 1/2 cup pecans or dark chocolate chips if you'd like!
- Glaze - icing sugar/milk seasoned with cinnamon to taste, and desired thickness
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 9" loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a large bowl
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in pumpkin, brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in eggs and then pumpkin ale.
- Let cool slightly, and then drizzle glaze over top of loaf. Slice and serve!!